Front-end Software Engineer, Product.
About the company
Enterprai is an organisation founded at the intersection of science and engineering with a vision to become the driving force behind innovation and democratisation of quantitative insights in financial markets.
At Enterprai we see everyone as an individual with a unique perspective and contribution. We believe in bringing together people from all walks of life and giving them the very best opportunity to succeed. If your values align with ours, we’re sure you’ll fit right in.
About the role
As a software engineer at Enterprai you will work in a cross-functional team on developing components for the workstation. This is a challenging role that requires the ability to take full ownership of tasks, attention to detail and understanding of the entire software development lifecycle. As part of the team you will wear many hats depending on the current need of the team, but your main responsibility will be writing high quality, extensible and tested code.
- Working in a product team focused around one of Enterprai’s core offerings.
- Developing high quality, testable and performant software using agile practices. Handling complex problems that might arise during solution development and providing field support with creative and rapid solutions. Many tasks you will work on will not have any known solutions - this will require you to research, validate and propose novel ways to solve these difficult problems.
- Taking full ownership of tasks and developing functionalities from the ground up (including infrastructure, security, caches, etc). Subsequently supporting and maintaining these solutions.
- Delivering best-in-class user interfaces with attention to detail and UX.
- Rapidly prototyping features and demonstrating them to the business or customers. Ability to engage in constructive discussions with non-technical people inside and outside the organisation.
- Performing regular code reviews and mentoring less experienced colleagues. Driving best technology and software development practices.
- Being proactive in questioning the status quo and constantly striving to improve the codebase.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Excellent problem solving skills, attention to detail and ability to take full ownership of tasks.
- Focus on efficiency, user experience, and process improvement.
- Working understanding of architectural styles, design patterns and best practices.
- Experience working on service-oriented architectures (SOA).
- Experience in tracking user actions and working with feature toggles.
- Experience working on cloud-native architectures built on public or private clouds, preferably AWS.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies.
- We are looking to hire at all levels of experience.
London, United Kingdom
Interested? Please consider sending us your CV.